12.12.2009 - CSLauncher v1.0
This little tool was considered as a supplementary to Starter v6.x, I've been using it since 2006. Not feature rich but performs the job nicely. Short info file is included.
Tip: CSLauncher is for those who always wanted to have different startup profiles and the delayed startup feature in Starter.
Download link: CSLauncher.zip
17.05.2009 - Starter v126.96.36.199
Some spare hours.... and voila :)
- Enhanced Windows Vista compatibility.
- Fixed too aggressive settings saving while swithing between main tabs (Startups, Processes, Services).
- System memory graph was limited to 2 GB. Fixed.
- Made large annoing tooltips for startup and service items to appear only at first column of the list.
- Psapi.dll-related changes.
- Updated supplied web links (Help\Useful links and context search menu items)
- Updated NSIS-based installer to the latest version.
- Other miscellaneous changes.
- New: Japanese
- New: Serbian (Latin)
- Updated: Greek (Hellenic)
25.09.2006 - Starter v188.8.131.52
- Actually this version was unofficially released in april.
- Lots of changes since v184.108.40.206 (please see included History.txt) and updated language files.
24.01.2006 - Starter v220.127.116.11
- Services tab seems finished.
- Option to store settings in a file instead of registry.
- Modified caption button to somewhat support Windows XP Themes. But I still want to remove the button.
- Option: Navigator\'Use flat style for buttons'. On by default.
- Added Belarusian.lng by Starovoitov Sergey aka OldEvrei
- A lot of changes, fixes, new bugs, etc.
10.01.2006 - Starter v18.104.22.168
- Option 'Group disabled startup items together while sorting list'. Turned off by default.
- If 'Group disabled startup items together...' is on, disabled items will always be at the bottom of the list.
- Services tab. Some changes are still ahead.
02.01.2006 - Starter v22.214.171.124
- A number of changes due to Microsoft Windows XP's MSConfig compatibility
- New/Edit startup item dialog: select file from process
- Changed template used in 'Save as HTML'
- Lots of changes due to the quantity of beer drained and The New Year's fuss
19.12.2005 - Starter v126.96.36.199
Please consider this version as a BETA.
- Microsoft Windows XP's MSConfig compatibility (not widely tested yet)
16.12.2005 - Starter v188.8.131.52
Translations only update.
- New: Bulgarian
- New: French (another version)
- New: Greek (Hellenic)
- Updated: Slovenian
- New: Ukrainian
03.07.2005 - Starter v184.108.40.206
- Name of the 'System' process was blank on Windows 2000. Fixed
- Made Start Menu folder for disabled items hidden
26.06.2005 - Starter v220.127.116.11
- Moved all major changes since build .42 to Starter v6.x branch
- Removed all Data\*Disabled.bmp files
- Added BelowNormal and AboveNormal to process' priority submenu
- Fixed AV on closing program ('caption button' was the case. I will get rid of it someday)
- Fixed LIOOB(1) on changing tabs style
- Updated installer and install scripts
- Made things to look good enough on large fonts configuration ('large fonts are evil!' © somebody)
- Completely changed the method of updating processes' list
- Made more changes to statusbar, graphs for memory and every CPU (on SMP)
- Added Options\Misc: use doublebuffered draw for list controls
- Added main menu items to quick toggle: startup tree, info panel, procs' module list, procs autorefresh
- Some minor changes
- Added Czech translations by FÒ and Trashman
- Added Portuguese translation (+ Links and Searches) by Dick Spade
- Updated Swedish translation by daRKph0rZe
- Added Welsh translation by Gwyndaf
10.04.2005 - Starter v18.104.22.168
Quickfix version. Again :)
- Fixed non-default charset in options's page title
- Restyled options dialog
- Updated Italiano.lng, Links.ini
- Added Links.Italiano.ini, Searches.Italiano.ini
- Made Links.ini and Searches.ini to depend on currently selected language. Starter will first search for "Links.<LNG>.ini", then for "Links.ini".
12.02.2005 - Starter v22.214.171.124
This is again a quickfix version.
- Modified installer (StarterSetup.exe) to address GPF in user32.dll on Win9x systems
- Temporarily removed sort arrows from some list headers to resolve ugly look on Windows XP
- Startups: made disabled items group together (quick move from unreleased version 5.7.x)
28.01.2005 - updates, updates...
Finally updated all site mirrors with the new theme.
15.01.2005 - Starter v126.96.36.199
This is just a quickfix version. Nothing special except the new translations: Dutch, Hungarian and Slovenian.
But the next major version is in progress...